Next up

Next Up:
* Forage
* http://foxschoolofwine.com/classes-tutoring
* www.pierrecountrybakery.com (in search of a good croissant in SLC)
* Frida
* Cafe Madrid
http://tearosediner.net/default.aspx
The Wild Rose

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Under the Influence of Squatters

Wow! Just got back from this fancy dive in Salt Lake called Squatters with my good pal Mildred. I'm slightly inebriated right now so I can't be really held liable for anything that I write down. What kind of name is Squatters anyway? I didn't see any homeless bums squatting inside though I was approached by one outside after we parked who wanted $15 for housing and probably booze. All I had in my pocket was $1 which they took and walked off. Getting damn cold her in Salt Lake these evenings...colder than a witches ti...uh never mind. Yeah, anyway back to Squatters Pub. I was thoroughly impressed though Mildred wussed out of drinking tonight. Something about the Word of Wisdom and how Baby Jesus cries whenever anyone drinks booze. Just kidding Mildred though next week you better be off that wagon. We got seated and perused the menu. Mildred had her heart set on  Fried Pickles and a Big Pretzel which kinda reminded me of the one she got in Germany. Jazz were playing, people were chatting, atmosphere buzzing..wonderful vibe there at Squatters and then the food came out and Mildred's face lit up like someone had started karoakin' Celine Dion's 'Power of Love'. Proof below!


Can't say I blame her though because not only did it look great but tasted equally good.


Each mouth sized bite was full of pickle tasting goodness! A definite recommendation for any of you reading this blog and decide to check out Squatters....anyone out there....hello? Mildred ordered a Root Beer while I decided to check out the Spirits and first ordered myself a Full Suspension Pale Ale I think it was called, I think it had a dude riding a bike or something...uh Mildred can you help me out with this one. (Hiccup) Now I'm not really a man of much words when it comes to the intricacies of what makes a beer good  so I'll leave it it was very tasty. I think I even heard the muffled sobs of Baby Jesus with each hearty gulp that I took. Rudy approves! The main appetizers came out and me being an Aussie at heart decided to get Fish and Chips. I tell ya that if Heaven was a Fish n Chip buffet I would do the unthinkable and go back to Church.


Mildred decided to get a wrap......

I'll let Mildred explain what she thought of her plate but since there were no expressions of pain and disgust I'm gonna assume that it was a rather tasty meal for her. To accompany these delicious plates there was also lots of fantastic conversation with Mildred. She is not only a great friend but also an awesome person all round. She's got the luck O' the Irish. Speaking of Irish, I wasn't quite done drinking yet and next on the agenda was a drink called Hell's Keep Ale or something like that. My memory is a bit dodgy right now so here's a photo.


Two shot photo of Beer and me. My Uncles in Peru would be so proud of me right now.



(TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment